RubyMaker

Drag and Drop from Zip

I've always used 7-Zip on my machine. In the previous version of S3D I could drag and drop an STL from 7-Zip into S2D.
With the new version, I'm not able to perform this action.
Works fine using explorer and a network drive, just not a compressed file.
S3D-Jason

Re: Drag and Drop from Zip

Did you actually unzip the files first? Or are you trying to drag a file from a .zip that has not been unpacked yet?
DrD

@S3D-Jason:

In v4.1.2 you can open any ZIP file containing STLs and drag them out of 7-Zip directly into the GUI and the unzip happens in the background and the STL is placed onto the build surface.

Using v5.0.1, when dragging any STL from within 7-Zip onto the GUI, the mouse cursor changes to a circle with a bar through it (basically telling us that we can't use drag-n-drop to load the STL onto the build plate).

I've just confirmed this with both of my S3D installations... (v4.1.2 & v5.0.1)
You don't know what you don't know until you know (my philosophy for continued learning).
bolsoncerrado

The massive overhaul of the interface has brought more issues than help with new features I fear :(
RubyMaker

I assume this is because of the implementation of the feature that will update the stl if it changes on the file system. I suppose that is great for the few users that are constantly saving new work and want it in the slicer. But, how many 3D printer owners are actually designing their own parts. And those that do likely use fusion, and if you run your workflow process correctly, every STL gets a version number in it. With that said, the feature is also broken because 3rd party software doesn't work this way.
RubyMaker

This path fails to open, \\XHOST01\3D Printer\Models\Raspberry+Pi+7 +Touchscreen+-+Rollbar+and+Skidplate+-+Final+version+(for+now)+-+Easy+Print,+No+supoprts\files

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”