paulrbarnard

V5. M27 continually sent to printer

Is there a way to stop Simplify V5 sending M27 continually to the printer? My printer does not support M27 so I have continual error messages in the console. V4 didn't do this...
S3D-Jason

Re: V5. M27 continually sent to printer

What printer are you using?
Dero

Same issue, console filled with M27 response errors.

Recompiled Marlin on printer to enable SDSUPPORT. Error in S3D now gone, but communication tab still shows excessive M27 SENT
S3D-Jason

It would definitely help to know what printers you are using so that we can try to reproduce this ourselves
paulrbarnard

I'm using a Prusa i3 clone running Marlin 2.0
tonyno

I see it on my Artillery Genius.
zreptil

The same happens at my printer Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro. It seems to be done with printing, but in the console there is an endless stream of M105 and M27 sent to the printer. The response of the printer is "Not SD Printing". The log looks like this at the end of a print:

READ: ok
SENT: M105
SENT: M27
SENT: M84
READ: ok T:210.00 /0.00 B:59.95 /0.00 @:40 B@:29
READ: Not SD printing
READ: ok T:209.96 /0.00 B:59.89 /0.00 @:0 B@:0

repeating the last 5 lines endlessly until i disconnect from the printer.
S3D-Jason

It is normal for the software to sent M27 commands to the printer. That's how it determines if there is a SD card print happening.
A3D-L

But it interrupts the path planning of our printers. I use a printer with a buffer of 63 command lines and when there is a M27 every second the path planning gets stuttering. Could you just check if there is a SD card print when starting the print job over USB?

It seems for me that you don't want to improve your machine control panel because everybody is working with octoprint. But some customers need an all-in-one solution (as S3D was in V4) because of IT safety issues with repetier server and so on in big companies.
For our sales S3D is not an option anymore because of the new machine control panel.
No more macros, no adjustments for our own firmware configuration for M and G-Commands, no support from your site on my emails.

I am very disappointed how S3D work with long year customers. And yes I already sent emails to your contact but never got any response.

The good thing is: our company is working on an own slicer and machine control gui. Thank you for leading us into this step. You will loose customers when you are acting like you are doing.
S3D-Jason

If you don't want there to be any communication with the printer after you start the SD card print, then just unplug the USB cable after the print starts. As long as the file is on the SD card it will keep printing as normal.

If you want to stay connected with S3D during the print, then it needs to occasionally check on the status of the machine which it does using the M27. Otherwise there would be no way for it to report the progress of the print, temperatures, etc. So you can choose which ever option makes the most sense.

That being said, we keep the software connected during USB printing with dozens of different machines in our office and don't see stuttering at all, especially if the file is printing from the SD card. So in general, there shouldn't be any issue doing this with most machines and firmware.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”