danielhenley

Adaptive Layer thickness should adjust top/bottom layer count

I love the new adaptive layer thickness feature, although there one annoying issue: the top and bottom layer count don't adaptively adjust as well.

This results in top/bottom surfaces on parts that can be too thick or too thin depending on what the adaptive process is doing.

This is a problem because in order to get quality top surfaces at 0.1mm layer count I typically use 12 layers, but this results in wasteful, extra thick top surfaces when the slicer adapts to 0.3mm layer height.
RetroDesign3D

Re: Adaptive Layer thickness should adjust top/bottom layer count

+1 if this is a toggle-able setting. I can think of cases where I would want adaptive but not to adjust top layers
Menissalt

I'd just like the option to define top, bottom, and shell by mm instead of by number. Most of my prints I use 1.2mm for all three so even though the thickness is the same I always have to change the number of layers and perimeters.
Trigger82

Yep, got caught out on the top the first time I used the adaptive layers on an 5 hr print

Having the option to specify the layer count and mm height's, then the software using whichever variable results in the thickest final result
Speedy64i

+1 here, i'd love for the top and bottom solid layers be defined in mm instead of layers. would totally fix the adaptive thinning issue!
TheBum

I’m running into this issue myself with some prints that have fine vertical detail, necessitating using adaptive layers to minimize print times. Please implement mm as an option to number of layers.

Return to “Feature Requests”