avitheque

S3D5.0 - Dual extruder's user experience

Hi all,

I would like to share my experience with S3D 5.0.x interfaces and give you that I had found to improve UX on dual extruder mode.
With thoses corrections, I hope your application will be the best, I won't need other slicers any more !

1. Multi extrusion assistant
I don't know if it the French language application witch is the only impacted, but I think it would be more intuitive by ordering Left extruder on the Left side menu and the Rigth extruder on the Right side menu !
Multi extrusion assistant left/right change example
Multi extrusion assistant left/right change example
2. Extruder coloration
Model's color could be identified for each part of models printed by each extruder...
For exemple, in FlahForge's app Left extruder is in dark green and the Right in dark orange.
Extruder coloration example from FlashPrint
Extruder coloration example from FlashPrint
3. Model's part selection
When dual print helper's group is crearted, I can't identify whitch part of model is printed by the right or the left extruder...
If I want to select one part, all item's from the group are selected !
It would be more intuitive, like my precedent review, that each item is identify by an extruder color.
Unable to select one model part
Unable to select one model part
4. Printing rendering
Finally, we would be able to select each extruder from the construction view, to inspect extruder.
When we select an extruder, only these parts are shown in bright light, other parts switch in dark light.
[I'm not able to attach another picture here !]

Thank you !
S3D-Jason

Re: S3D5.0 - Dual extruder's user experience

Nice suggestions!

For #1, I believe the order in the multi extrusion wizard will match the order you used in the profile. So if you want to have the left extruder come first, make sure that extruder is listed first on Edit Process Settings > Extruders tab.

For your suggestions about model color, I know you can already select "Active Toolhead" in Preview Mode to get separate colors for each tool. Does that help with the #4 suggestion?
GuyGuy

Hello Makers.
I have an IDEX printer (T-Rex 3.0). I have problems with the management of the filament cooling fans when I use the two extruders. That of the right extruder (T1) does not start.
I am interested in all information on this subject. Recently, I switched to Klipper, but I still have the same problem.
If any kind people would like to share their cool tabs and tool change scripts.

Thanks for your comments

In fact, the V5 does anything on the cooling of the filament with the "M106" command. Sometimes, he puts it all the way in, sometimes slower and he doesn't follow the instructions, for example, start cooling from layer 6. From the first layer, he starts...
S3D-Jason

GuyGuy - seems like it would be better to make a new topic about your issue, no?
GuyGuy

S3D-Jason wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:31 pm GuyGuy - seems like it would be better to make a new topic about your issue, no?
I was thinking of doing it in this topic so that the concerns of double extrusions are grouped.
avitheque

S3D-Jason wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:38 pm Nice suggestions!

For #1, I believe the order in the multi extrusion wizard will match the order you used in the profile. So if you want to have the left extruder come first, make sure that extruder is listed first on Edit Process Settings > Extruders tab.

For your suggestions about model color, I know you can already select "Active Toolhead" in Preview Mode to get separate colors for each tool. Does that help with the #4 suggestion?
Thank you S3D-Jason for your responses !

For #1, you're right, the Right extruder came at first because it's registered on head tool #0... I will change the settings order, thanks !

For #4 suggestion, I think it would be interesting to be able to see selected tool like this, with a mask :
Preview with selected extruder example
Preview with selected extruder example
... but I found the option that you said about the "Active Toolhead"
Active Toolhead Preview
Active Toolhead Preview
Thank you S3D-Jason !
Last edited by avitheque on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Feature Requests”