slackwilson

strange blemishes when using Cubic infill

I have spent hours chasing down these weird surface blemishes

In frustration I went back to V4.1 and they disappeared so literally went item by item to figure out what setting might be causing it.. and it turns out, after hours of printing the same object with just about all the settings I could think of changing - it is when I use cubic infill, if I change infill to say rectilinear with no other change the blemishes disappear and it prints nice again!

I'm not using any crazy settings, 2 layers all over, 25% infill, and like I say if I print with V4.1 its a nice smooth finish without those weird extrusion lines that are protruding out from the surface

I need to test further but it looks like the setting "Modify travel movements to avoid open spaces" is also adding some similar blemishes but not to the same extent, I started out with them both on.

I am printing perimeters outside-in so even if the infill was going into the perimeter a bit too much it still shouldn't be making those sort of blemishes I wouldn't have thought.

Is this a bug with Cubic? I haven't tried the other new infills to see if they also do it.

The part is Thread_Test_2_x1_Rev1.STL from a voron test prints here https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2/ ... est_Prints
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (27.34 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Capture.JPG
S3D-Jason

Re: strange blemishes when using Cubic infill

What printer are you using?

I would also recommend downloading our new V5.0.2 update to see if that makes things any better. There were quite a few bug fixes included in that version.
slackwilson

It's a custom Delta, normally can print pretty clean prints - never had that sort of a blemish before

Here is a pic using rectalinear infill instead.

I'll try again with the 5.02 update when I get a chance.
Attachments
Cap.JPG
Last edited by slackwilson on Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
slackwilson

Upgraded to V5.02

here is 2 prints I just did now, straight after each other

It's the same Delta printer I have never had any troubles with in this regard and have done hundreds of hours of printing on it slicing with S3D V4.1

The exact same settings on both prints in the pic with only 1 change, top one in pic is the new Cubic infill, bottom one has Rectalinear infill

So no improvement or fix in V5.02 unfortunately.
Attachments
Cap3.JPG
KOPrinting

slackwilson wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:26 am I have spent hours chasing down these weird surface blemishes

In frustration I went back to V4.1 and they disappeared so literally went item by item to figure out what setting might be causing it.. and it turns out, after hours of printing the same object with just about all the settings I could think of changing - it is when I use cubic infill, if I change infill to say rectilinear with no other change the blemishes disappear and it prints nice again!

I'm not using any crazy settings, 2 layers all over, 25% infill, and like I say if I print with V4.1 its a nice smooth finish without those weird extrusion lines that are protruding out from the surface

I need to test further but it looks like the setting "Modify travel movements to avoid open spaces" is also adding some similar blemishes but not to the same extent, I started out with them both on.

I am printing perimeters outside-in so even if the infill was going into the perimeter a bit too much it still shouldn't be making those sort of blemishes I wouldn't have thought.

Is this a bug with Cubic? I haven't tried the other new infills to see if they also do it.

The part is Thread_Test_2_x1_Rev1.STL from a voron test prints here https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2/ ... est_Prints
Following

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”