Arthus

Re: Ironing

billyd wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:00 am
jfkansas wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:10 pm That is years you could have been working on getting your top layers to the point of not needing ironing. Ironing is just a crutch for non optimal slicer settings or hardware issues.
I couldn't agree more. 12 pages of mostly upvotes for one of the most useless features I've ever heard of. Tune your printers folks. As far as how to's there are 100's of online guides on how to do this. Search engines will get you there.
Yes, 12 pages later, world is turning, everybody is improving his products, but S3D is standing still on the old position. If you want to work on experimental bases, you are right that ironing is a useless function. If you want to become a profession you have to go with the market and ironing became important!

Sorry, simple experience on analysing the market!!!

On our worldwide company group we had the idea to unify the slicers with a first buy of 28 licences.
This topic shows the handling of market requirements at S3D and we reduced for only 1 licence on one necessary function.

We would reduce the actual 38 different slicers (free versions and bought licences), but S3D is non option now.
Other software suppliers were interested on new requirements and were implementing a lot features from our employees now.

That’s it.
billyd

Arthus wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:55 am
billyd wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:00 am
jfkansas wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:10 pm That is years you could have been working on getting your top layers to the point of not needing ironing. Ironing is just a crutch for non optimal slicer settings or hardware issues.
I couldn't agree more. 12 pages of mostly upvotes for one of the most useless features I've ever heard of. Tune your printers folks. As far as how to's there are 100's of online guides on how to do this. Search engines will get you there.
Yes, 12 pages later, world is turning, everybody is improving his products, but S3D is standing still on the old position. If you want to work on experimental bases, you are right that ironing is a useless function. If you want to become a profession you have to go with the market and ironing became important!

Sorry, simple experience on analysing the market!!!

On our worldwide company group we had the idea to unify the slicers with a first buy of 28 licences.
This topic shows the handling of market requirements at S3D and we reduced for only 1 licence on one necessary function.

We would reduce the actual 38 different slicers (free versions and bought licences), but S3D is non option now.
Other software suppliers were interested on new requirements and were implementing a lot features from our employees now.

That’s it.
Anyone printing using 38 slicers is obviously in volume production. The time wasted ironing your prints is a colossal waste of time (money) when a single hour spent one single time would solve finish issues for all parts from that point forward.
Arthus

OK not reading the posts before is a way, too.

I did explain the market situation on our worldwide operating company group (The big group is the reason for so many slicers), but not listening is also a way.
Ironing is a market argument now adays, this is the result of analysing the market, not only taking one simple mind!
In your word:

Why buying painted cars. Painting costs money and is wasting time.
Why buying different clothes, this is wasting time and money.
Why doing hair dressing, using a scissors yourself is doing the work, too. Rest is waiting time and money.
Why cooking complicated meals, eating something simple like brad is good enough. Do not waist time and money.
Why programming pop up function into software. Function is given without, too. These gadgets programming did waist time and money.
…….
I could fill pages with this now, but this will waist time and money!!!
S3D-Jason

Version 5.1 now includes full ironing support! You can customize the properties for the final finishing pass, tweaking the stepover distance, extrusion, and speed to get a perfect finish. We've been using it quite a bit with our prints over the last month and it makes a very notable difference! Thank you to everyone who requested this feature!

You can read more about the other new features in Version 5.1 at the link below:
https://www.simplify3d.com/products/sim ... rsion-5-1/

You can download the new release by going to Help > Check for Software Updates.

Return to “Feature Requests”