nerys

Interesting problem I can't figure out?? prints solid even with 0 infill ??

I have this one model. for some reason it refuses to slice it with infill. it makes it "SOLID" 100% infill no matter what I set the infill density too. the other 3 parts print fine but this one part (process 4) refuses to obey my commands. I can't figure out why.

Any ideas? (factory attached) very strange never had a model do this before. I even set it to merge and set the infill to 0% and it still does it 100%

I have dense infill turned off and adaptive turned off.

Its something to do with my Q5 Profile ??? when I slice in my CR6SE profile it slices fine but even when I slice it by itself in my Q5 profile its "solid" but ONLY this part. the other parts slice fine.

I figure I Must have some setting enabled or something but I sure can't figure out what. and here is the crazy part and why I think its a "bug"

Process 3 works fine 3 perms 25% infill. slices perfectly. I delete process 4. then I duplicate the perfectly working process 3 and the ONLY change I make to the duplicate is to assign it to model 4 and whammo. won't slice properly. NO CHANGES MADE other than to assign the copy of working process 3 to model 4 (the tall skinny screw)
Attachments
sLPH(2).factory
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
KOPrinting

Re: Interesting problem I can't figure out?? prints solid even with 0 infill ??

Under infill, try changing your Solid Infill Threshold Area to Zero.
nerys

that does not make any sense. I am commanding "0" infill and its filling it with 100% infill.

and when I slice in another profile it slices FINE. its only THAT object for some reason it does this too and only in that profile.
KOPrinting

nerys wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:42 am that does not make any sense. I am commanding "0" infill and its filling it with 100% infill.

and when I slice in another profile it slices FINE. its only THAT object for some reason it does this too and only in that profile.
It's filling it with Solid infill as opposed to regular infill because your part is smaller than the threshold. When I change the solid infill threshold area to "0", the part slices with 0 percent regular infill.
Attachments
solid 0.png
solid threshold.png
solid infill.png
nerys

ahhhhhh ok i get it. thank you!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”