MikeDoes3D2

Re: Simplify3D will not start

Hello,

I've had serious trouble with this software since purchase, but it is quite good WHEN IT WORKS!

I've tried everything in this thread, again and again, with over 20 reboots. previously the ideas in this thread have been successful.

I have over a dozen printers standing still due to this fucking software, not opening for over 5 hours!! It's Christmas and I don't have time for this shit!!!

I'm not some lackey, I'm 58 and have owned computers since I was 13 (Apple II+, 3DOG) the CEO of a company that develops software and a programmer. Have built over 1000 computers in my lifetime and have 2 versions of visual studio installed.

WTF!
Mike
MikeDoes3D2

So once again, I'm unable to get Simplify3D started. I've rebooted over a dozen times, Windows 10, Nvidia.
Mayk

For me deleting the file savedState, restart S3d and close the assistant on startup was working.
hoag-ostling

Deleting the savedState file worked for me too.
shpegel

I had the same problem when I moved the S3D screen to my second monitor. After removing 5 program entries in remove program screen, each one failing to complete the uninstall, still could not re-install. Tried all solutions above and still no luck. Finally used registry editor to remove whole S3D entry in previously mentioned HKEY and was able to re-install.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”