muzzlitebeer

Live preview tracking?

There are 3 threads on this topic in the 'Feature requests' section;
  • [ADDED] Live preview tracking
  • [ADDED] Restore live preview tracking
  • [ADDED] Live preview missing
The answer to all 3 requests is; "Version 5.1 includes a new implementation of live preview tracking which now even supports machines connected over WiFi. It provides some very useful insights into the current build progress without having to manually go look inside the machine."

I'm sorry. I just can't find where to access the live preview. I'm assuming it is in the Machine Control Panel???
S3D-Jason

Re: Live preview tracking?

It happens automatically when you use the "Begin Printing on Machine" button in the preview mode. The preview that you are displaying for the model will start updating as the machine prints each layer.

If you want to disable the feature, there's a checkbox on the left side of the Preview that can turn it off (or just grab the min/max sliders at the bottom and move them to the range you want to see instead).
muzzlitebeer

Nope. Not seeing it.

When I click "Begin Printing on Machine', the Machine control panel pops up, but no preview.

On the left of the Machine Control Panel, there are 3 tabs; 'Communication', 'Sensor Data' & 'Device Files'. On the right, there are 2 tabs; 'Movement Controls' and 'Accessory Controls'.

No sign of any preview anywhere.

I'm using 5.1.
S3D-Jason

The machine control panel is a separate window from the 3D view where the preview is shown. Once the print starts and you see the progress increasing in the machine control panel, switch back to the main 3D view window and you will see the preview updating along with the print.
muzzlitebeer

Oh. I see now. I'm so dumb.
I thought it was something like what OctoPrint has.
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the stupidity.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”