SlickNickel

Re: V5 - Defining Custom Infill Angles - Missing feature?

Was this fixed/included in V5.1?
SlickNickel

Looks like infill angles weren’t included. Since we use them on every project, this new update is useless for us.
studiokite

Need this and a bunch of other features.

Wasted money on v5. They keep adding features noone asks for and ignore the requests on the forum.

No release notes for this version but a flashy page with some images.

Also we can only run v5 on one of our computers.
S3D-Jason

If you're looking for the release notes for V5.1, they're on the same place on our website where they've always been:
https://www.simplify3d.com/products/sim ... ase-notes/

The features for V5.1 were actually selected based on the most popular requests we received from customers. If you look at many of the threads on our forum, you can see that things like ironing, OctoPrint support, monotonic infill, etc were all extremely popular requests.

We are certainly monitoring this request as well to see if it's something that could be considered for a future release.
RoboDLC

S3D-Jason wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:55 pm If you're looking for the release notes for V5.1, they're on the same place on our website where they've always been:
https://www.simplify3d.com/products/sim ... ase-notes/

The features for V5.1 were actually selected based on the most popular requests we received from customers. If you look at many of the threads on our forum, you can see that things like ironing, OctoPrint support, monotonic infill, etc were all extremely popular requests.

We are certainly monitoring this request as well to see if it's something that could be considered for a future release.
Well, like others, I'd like my custom support angles back. The defaults are too "sturdy" and tend to take pieces of the model off if not careful. I had my own pattern of support angles that I will miss.

be well,
DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.
gearsawe

yes used this to make custom visual patterns which no longer can. Had a customer which wanted the patter visible, no top bottom. Needed infill pattern it to diamond shaped (30, -30). had to re install cura since it still supports this option. Not a big fan of cura but never though I would say it has a feature I need simplify can't do.
3 step forward 2 back...

waiting to see if the new bugs and features removed are added back before ordering another license

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”