KeyboardWarrior

2.2 Release Discussion Thread!

New Changes for Version 2.2 on 12/9/2014
Version 2.2

Added direct USB support for XYZprinting Da Vinci printers
Added direct USB support for MakerBot 5th Generation printers
Improved slicing to avoid gaps between thin walls
Added option to specify infill extrusion width for stronger interior structures
Added the ability to choose which extruder is used for the raft, skirt, and brim
Added the ability to create dense support layers at the surface of the part, saving time and material
Added option to use larger extrusion widths on the first layer for better adhesion
Improved optimizations for perimeter printing order
Improved interaction of rafts, skirts, and support structures for multi-process builds
Added the ability to set a larger tool change retraction that can help prevent oozing with multiple extruders
Added option for mm/s speed display units
Added the ability to modify the top and bottom outer solid layer speed to improve surface finish
Added build statistics for part weight
Added options to change the grid spacing on the build table to a distance of your choosing
Added option to hide coordinate axes
Improved support for a wider range of OBJ file formats
Bridging extrusion multiplier can now be greater than 100% for thin layer height prints
All G0 commands have been replaced with G1 for better cross compatibility
Added preconfigured profiles for XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0/2.0, MakerBot Replicator Mini/5th Gen/Z18, FlashForge Dreamer, re:3D Gigabot, PowerSpec 3D X/Pro, and IonCore Zinter Pro

Thin wall, infill thickness %, mm/sec, first layer thickness, built-in tool change retracts, choosing which extruder for raft, definitely a lot in this new release!
gpvillamil

Re: 2.2 Release Discussion Thread!

How do you access the thin wall feature?
KeyboardWarrior

gpvillamil wrote:How do you access the thin wall feature?
Under the Advanced tab there's the option for Thin Wall Behavior. This is automatically set to 10%, which works pretty well, but for some parts I've sliced putting it up to 30% looks really good in the G-Code previewer.
Nallic

Wow ! - What a nice surprise - this more or less have all the features I have been wishing for !
RichWebb

Bug report submitted regarding a hangup when using the new dense support feature.

The model slices fine w/o support or with Dense Support Layers set to 0. Setting that up to 5 layers (using 20%/75% density) caused a hang at "looking for overhangs" or "calculating infill."

The model is manifold. Running several tests, slicing with dense support on that model occasionally (but not always) worked if it was sliced before touching anything else but then would always fail after exiting preview and re-slicing.

Just something to be on the lookout for.
TenKOhms

RichWebb wrote:Bug report submitted regarding a hangup when using the new dense support feature.

The model slices fine w/o support or with Dense Support Layers set to 0. Setting that up to 5 layers (using 20%/75% density) caused a hang at "looking for overhangs" or "calculating infill."

The model is manifold. Running several tests, slicing with dense support on that model occasionally (but not always) worked if it was sliced before touching anything else but then would always fail after exiting preview and re-slicing.

I tried with the setting you suggested, and it worked for me. Try a Help > Reset All Settings, I always try to do this after updating to a new version.
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 3.37.50 PM.png
RichWebb

Good idea to try a reset all. Have to make a note of the current settings and I'll give it a whirl.
jimc

i have not caught any bugs as of yet on the mac version. support function works great. so far i think this is really one of the best updates that has come along. alot of great and well needed upgrades. these are really alot of things that we have been asking for on the forum. the dense support, infill width setting, thin wall settings and the grid lines are all fantastic! i dont have dual ext so i really have no idea how that stuff is working for you guys.
dennisjm

Yes the thin wall feature is one of the first I used to re-slice an existing model to print better.
RichWebb

TenKOhms wrote:
RichWebb wrote:Bug report submitted regarding a hangup when using the new dense support feature.

I tried with the setting you suggested, and it worked for me. Try a Help > Reset All Settings, I always try to do this after updating to a new version.
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 3.37.50 PM.png
Good call. Reset All Settings seems to have cured the issue. And as a bonus I now have a nice written copy of all of the settings and options.

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”