nerys

Infill does not "match" ??

for some reason the infill of my first process does not line up with the infill of my second set of processes even though all the settings appear to be the same. I assume its some stupid mistake on my part some setting I am missing?? the grids don't line up for some reason.

suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
Attachments
Flat Lander.factory
(134.75 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
nerys

Re: Infill does not "match" ??

So far the only work around I could find was to eliminate my first layer process. ie avoiding the problem all together though this exposes a new problem.

For some reason it DELETES the first layer after 10mm (after the first set of processes) THE WHOLE layer is just "gone" erased from the universe and I can't see to figure out any way to force it to print it. this print can't work it would fail since an entire layer is gone the SI of that point in the model would be near 0. Grrr any ideas ?

I even tried my trusty old trick of duplicating the model as a third model and assigning the last process to this third model. no joy. the first layer of the last process is erased by the slicer for some reason leaving a 0.2 to 0.3mm "gap" in the model.

Only way to make the gap go away was to start the 3rd process "INSIDE" the first processes ie start it at 9.9mm. Pretty sure this is going to cause a collision however. will have to try it and see how the plastic react's to that.
Attachments
Flat_Lander(2).factory
(222.51 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
gearsawe

your infill size is also affected by the Extrusion Width under extruder
make sure both are the same. right now one is 0.6 and 0.4
nerys

Grrrrrrrr the number of times I have changed that damned setting and it reverts back. Grrrrrrr

thank you. I knew it was something stupid on my part. now I got to figure out the gap :-)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”