eried

MBI TOM MK6 3mm support?

Is the TOM supported? Any experience?
There is any demo or something to test the generated files?

Thanks!
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Re: MBI TOM MK6 3mm support?

Check the last couple posts in this topic: http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=107

Basically, sailfish firmware support was added in 1.1.1 (current release).

Dale
eried

Yes but somebody tested it?

I have a lot of issues with sailfish due the mk6 3mm/replicator-g acceleration (so I went back to the old repg and pre-sailfish)
Simplify3D
Site Admin

We should be able to support both firmwares, although Sailfish is better integrated with the environment. Although if you're having issues with acceleration, I believe that is a firmware-level setting, so you might have to modify it there.
mathisyourfriend

I also had problems on my ToM/MK6+ when I tried acceleration. MK7 seems to be much better (that's what I've read on the boards). Try "Vintage (insert name of company that makes it)" google group for good info.
eried

mathisyourfriend wrote:I also had problems on my ToM/MK6+ when I tried acceleration. MK7 seems to be much better (that's what I've read on the boards). Try "Vintage (insert name of company that makes it)" google group for good info.
Heheh yeah, funny how "3d printing" can be vintage nowadays. Anyways, I think they are solving the MK6 issue but in this moment my TOM prints pretty nice, and basically the issue is repg, takes forever to slice and it is buggy. Have you tried this slicer with your tom/mk6?
mathisyourfriend

No, I haven't tried it. I also stuck w/RepG with my ToM because it worked well enough but Creator is amazing to this longtime RepG/SK sufferer. The speed and features (along with the M2) have me as excited as the first time I bought a printer.
eried

mathisyourfriend wrote:No, I haven't tried it. I also stuck w/RepG with my ToM because it worked well enough but Creator is amazing to this longtime RepG/SK sufferer. The speed and features (along with the M2) have me as excited as the first time I bought a printer.
OK thanks! I don't have other printer, so I am stuck with repg :|

BTW mbi released makerware compatibility for the tom, but it is the same problem, having to upgrade the firmware. It seems I will have to wait until the procedure it is totally polished for 3 mm, I still have too much plastic to think going 1.75 or buy another printer (I don't really want a new one, I still not see a real quality improvement yet)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”