gelly

Bug when printing multiple processses

on version 2.2. When you print a part with two processes. Say process#1 is from 0 to 10mm and then process#2 from 10mm to end. When you combine processes, the output returns a model with a 5 layer void, so you will print in the air.

see picture

any ideas on how to workaround this ?

on version 2.1 this does NOT happen

Thanks
gelly

Re: Bug when printing multiple processses

more into this problem, this is related to the raft. If you don't use a raft at all, you will not have the problem described. When you add a raft, then the problem appears, the number of layers that are missing is equal to layers of raft that you set. Basically when you combine the processes the raft disappears but the model remains on top of the disappeared raft putting it on the air.

I tried adding a skirt on the second layer, and despite warning that the skirt will be on the air, if yo accept, then the raft will appear and the model will be ok. Will try to print now, to see if it actually prints the skirt on the air or not, this is a pretty bad bug.
JoeJ

Hmm... I just tried this with every raft settings I could think of and I can't get it to happen. It worked correctly for me every time. Can you post a factory file?
gelly

see attached
Attachments
cube test bug.factory
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Ostojo

I'm having the same issue. If I use one extruder for everything, the actual part, skirt, and raft, then it's fine. If I try to use my second extruder for the raft--which is what I want to do--then I end up with a gap between the raft and the part that is linked to the number of layers I set the raft to be.

I'm not sure what else to do.
Werner2

I also got this failure now (first time it happens to me). I found that i could prevent the gaps when i allow to overlap the ranges of the layers a little bit.
My example:
Layer thickness was 0.2mm. The first process was defined from Z 0 to 5mm. Starting the next process at 5mm produces a gap. Starting at 4.89mm: No gap. Starting at 4.90mm: gap.
The z-values of the gcode of this range are 4.78 / 4.98 / 5.18.. I don't recognize a correlation between these values and the starting values i found, but it works .
gelly

this bug needs to be fixed. hopefully the development team hears about this.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”