reddadsteve

Object scaling issue after auto scale does it's job

I believe I had the following issue prior to 2.2 but was just able to pin it down today. I figured that I was just working too fast and making mistakes.

When importing a 'small' object, the auto scale option kicks in and converts the object to inches with a scale of 25.4. This in itself is not a problem since the object is now quite large and obviously needs to be scaled accordingly.

The issue is that after double clicking the object and entering a value for the scale required, the dialog box itself seems to handle the new scaling properly. However after hitting save and closing the dialog box, I find that the object scale is reset to 5.08! Odd number but always the same 5.08.

Going back to re-scale a second time, the dialog box works properly and I'm able to get the scale required without having to reload the object.

Thank you,
Steve
bryan

Re: Object scaling issue after auto scale does it's job

The square root of 25.4 is 5.04. Not sure what 5.08 is.

--Bryan
reddadsteve

Can someone confirm that they can reproduce the same issue? I'm running windows 8.1

I've disabled the auto scale option and simply cancel the prompt when the software asks if I want to convert from inches to mm. i then perform whatever scaling I need at that point with no issue.

Thanks,
Steve
bryan

2.54 * 2 = 5.08

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”