Simplify3D
Site Admin

Creator 1.1.2 Update

We've got another update available today that adds several of our most requested features. The biggest change is the addition of a true Windows 64-bit installer that will offer much better performance on these machines. We also made a few minor changes to the slicing engine including the addition of sequential island printing which helps prevent overheating on small parts. There is also a new ability to run post-processing tasks after the G-Code files have been written which allows us to automatically covert .gcode to .x3g for MakerBot printer owners. Expect to see more information on this in the coming days.

There's plenty of other changes and the complete changelog is given below.
  • Addition of Windows 64-bit binary that provide significant improvement in available memory for process
  • Improved visualizations for support pillar placement
  • New option to print islands sequentially instead of optimizing travel time (useful for small parts with multiple islands to prevent overheating)
  • Machine Control Panel has been updated to automatically monitor temperatures upon connection
  • Added ability to parse heater setpoints even if set from SD card file
  • Added cross platform method to keep computers from going to sleep during active builds (since this can disrupt serial communication)
  • Added ability to include post processing commands
  • Added [output_filename] and [output_filepath] placeholder variables
  • Disabled G2/G3 arc detection for M2 profile since Marlin firmware still has trouble with these commands (long pauses during microcontroller trig calculations)
  • Update to allow increased number of skirt or raft layers
  • Added animation for build dimension changes to help illustrate when FFF profile stroke overrides are taking effect
  • Added warning for slow USB serial port transfers to SD card (much faster to just plug the SD card into your computer)
  • Buttons for setting the extruder and bed temperatures have been updated to be more intuitive
  • Added visual indicators to quickly show if extruder and bed heaters are turned on
  • Added option to disable sticky G-Code parameters to support a wider variety of printers (i.e. CubeX)
  • Added option to disable auto-run prompt after previewing of G-Code files
  • Updated UI to automatically switch to progress bar view once USB serial upload has begun
  • Fixed bug that could interrupt transferring files to SD card
  • Updates to Sailfish firmware settings
As always, follow the instructions in your confirmation email to download the latest update.

Happy Printing!
arnoldpro

Re: Creator 1.1.2 Update

Installing the Update 1.1.2 over 1.1.1 replaces the default settings for M2 in the registry? Is this now the right way to update or must the old version be removed?
Simplify3D
Site Admin

We typically suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new one. Even if you install over top of the old one, it actually won't replace your user settings. So all of your inputs for the FFF window will come back up the same as they were before. It just replaces the actual included M2 profile. So if you select the M2 profile from the FFF load profile drop down list, those settings will all be setup for the new version. It's also typically a good idea to export your FFF profile before updating just to make sure you don't lose anything in transit.

But again, uninstalling first is what we usually recommend.
bfishler

Is there any information available yet on those scripts to automatically post-process *.gcode to *.x3g? My work has a Makerbot and I'm recommending to them this software (Makerbot software is terrible...) -- but only if there's a reliable way to generage *.x3g code from this! Thanks for any info...
Simplify3D
Site Admin

We're hoping to document that process more in the coming week. It's pretty simple, we just need to post a few extra files to make things easier for you guys to use
arnoldpro

If temperature Identifier T2 is not marked as heated platform G-Code M104 goes out and T0 is overwritten, is this new?
Simplify3D
Site Admin

arnoldpro - I'm not 100% I'm following what you mean by this... If the temperature is a heated platform it should be using M140/M190. If it is not (i.e. an extruder) it should be using M104/M109. The T0/T1/T2 commands are toolchange commands which only get issued when switching between toolheads.

Let me know if that helps
arnoldpro

I understand, the information for M140 needs that "this is a heated platform" is marked.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”