chrispol

Bambulab updates

Hi, I was wondering if there are any plans for futher bambulab connectivity? It would really be nice to send and start a job from the ui.

I also noticed a bug on my P1S and X1C when starting a job it will not load the correct filament for the tool selected, it will use whichever fimament is loaded, and if none is loaded it will not load the filament.
S3D-Jason

Re: Bambulab updates

I know there has been several other feature requests for improved connectivity with those machines, so I know our team is looking into it!
tomha

Sorry to sound like a jerk here, but at $200 per copy, I would expect S3D to have signed a contract with Bambu/Creality/QiDi to have this working ASAP. I am an old software developer myself, I understand the licensing fees and hurdles it takes to work within another company, communications protocol that is closed source. If you cannot come to an agreement with Bambu Labs, then admit it. Let the your customers, know, then maybe we, if we want, can email BambuLabs and ask them to let S3D purchase the licenses needed. Instead of, "we are working" on it for about a year.

Question, how about publishing a road map and time line, and keep it updated? This would help keep your paying customer in the loop and not feel left out, wondering does S3D as a company even exist anymore.
chrispol

Personally for me atleast, the basic ability to have the correct filament load and to be able to start a job from the ui would be great.
chrispol

tomha wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 pm Sorry to sound like a jerk here, but at $200 per copy, I would expect S3D to have signed a contract with Bambu/Creality/QiDi to have this working ASAP. I am an old software developer myself, I understand the licensing fees and hurdles it takes to work within another company, communications protocol that is closed source. If you cannot come to an agreement with Bambu Labs, then admit it. Let the your customers, know, then maybe we, if we want, can email BambuLabs and ask them to let S3D purchase the licenses needed. Instead of, "we are working" on it for about a year.

Question, how about publishing a road map and time line, and keep it updated? This would help keep your paying customer in the loop and not feel left out, wondering does S3D as a company even exist anymore.
I am an old developer myself, both in age and experience :) I have not gotten to the point of grabbing the orca slicer and looking into bambu connectivity, there is also the MQTT route. I did see this https://github.com/ellenhp/bambu-farm which is intresting.
Last edited by chrispol on Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Feature Requests”