KlausStoertebeker

[SOLVED] I can't add my "Creality K1 AI Max" to Simplify3D

Hello to the forum!

Yesterday I got my new "Creality K1 AI Max" and of course I want to use it with Simplify3D 5.1.2.

However, I have the following problem:

I have added the profile of the "Creality K1 AI Max" via the configuration wizard.

I then wanted to add the printer via the machine control panel and first selected the printer there, selected "Network connection (Ethernet, WiFi)" as the connection method and tried both options ("Search for connections" and "Manual connection details"):

"Search for connections" option:
"Search for devices" does not work and the printer is not found. This is strange, because when I use the "Creality Print" software, the printer is found immediately. I therefore assume that Simplify3D should also be able to find the printer...

Option "Manual connection details":
Here I fail to specify the port, because neither ports 80, 8080, 4408 or 4409 work. This is despite the fact that I can access the printer with the "Creality Print" software. I can also access the web interface via the browser using port 4408 (I rooted the printer straight away).

Can anyone tell me how I can add the printer to Simplify3D?

Greetings from a stormy Dresden

"Klaus"
S3D-Jason

Re: I can't add my "Creality K1 AI Max" to Simplify3D

There's several other threads on the forum from other users that were successful connecting their rooted K1 to Simplify3D V5. You may try to search for those and see if those users provided any tips that could help.
KlausStoertebeker

Re: I can't add my "Creality K1 AI Max" to Simplify3D

Hello Jason,
Thank you for your reply. I then spent hours searching for the threads you mentioned, but to no avail. Because all the search results had no solution for me 😕
However, it has now worked. I don't necessarily know why, but here's what I did:

1. rooted my Creality K1 AI Max
2. installed the "Installation Helper Script for Crality K1 Series" from Guilouz on Github (https://github.com/Guilouz/Creality-K1-and-K1-Max/wiki)
3. i installed with the script "Moonraker and Nginx"
4. installed with the script the webui "Fluid"
5. restarted the "Creality K1 AI Max"
6. then I manually added the printer in Simplify3D via the machine control panel (connection method "Ethernet/Wifi", port: 4408)

Seems to work...

Regards
"Klaus"
abbotta

Re: [SOLVED] I can't add my "Creality K1 AI Max" to Simplify3D

How does this script assist in rooting the Creality K1 AI Max and installing Moonraker, Nginx, and Fluid? Are there any specific steps or considerations to keep in mind when using this script?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”