I have burned an entire day trying to get S3d printing a decent print. I manage a software company, so I know maybe a teenie bit about software. And I've been successfully printing with MakerBot for some months.
I'm printing with a Microcenter Powerspec pro, which is a dual head clone of a FlashForge Creator Pro.
I print this 20mm calibration box, and it looks great. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2064/#files
I print this bridge test http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12925 and it looks great.
I end up with a setting of 1.72 for the filament, .85 for the extrusion multiplier, and 205 for the temp. I start layer 1 with 220 and then drop to 205 for the rest of the layers.
I then go to print this, and everything goes to hell. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28109
The infill (15%) is stringy, and most of the time doesn't span the space. On some of the interior boxes, the infill doesn't seem to be hitting the shell (standard 20% overlap) when I get to the top layers, the 1st layer on the top shell can't seem to span the gap, which is a fraction compared to the bridge from the bridge test.
I'm about to go back to MakerBot.
Can someone tell me why I get such good prints with the 1st two and then crap with the 3rd?
Thanks.
Michael