lkeppner

Re: Wipe While Retracting...

+1
theray

thews wrote:Can you post your script to modify the gcode?
theray wrote:Got the same problem with a Rostock Max v2. I found the same workaround works but i can't change all the retractions by hand so i had to make a little gcode translator for modifing these lines... I would like to see a check box on the print settings that allow to choose the standard retraction system or the one explained here. Rectraction and next move merged in the same line.
it's a macro for notepad++ . i'm on holiday right now...if i can load it from remote i'll post the regex that change all the retraction =) please be patient some days!
thews

theray wrote:
theray wrote:Got the same problem with a Rostock Max v2. I found the same workaround works but i can't change all the retractions by hand so i had to make a little gcode translator for modifing these lines... I would like to see a check box on the print settings that allow to choose the standard retraction system or the one explained here. Rectraction and next move merged in the same line.
it's a macro for notepad++ . i'm on holiday right now...if i can load it from remote i'll post the regex that change all the retraction =) please be patient some days!
No problem.

I went ahead and wrote a small ruby script for it.

https://gist.github.com/justinledwards/ ... 9066c4726f

I could have spent time and made it rewrite the file to the same location, but I am a bit too lazy for that so you have to use it like ./script "filepath.here" > newfile.gcode
theray

thews wrote:
theray wrote:

No problem.

I went ahead and wrote a small ruby script for it.

https://gist.github.com/justinledwards/ ... 9066c4726f

I could have spent time and made it rewrite the file to the same location, but I am a bit too lazy for that so you have to use it like ./script "filepath.here" > newfile.gcode
Nice job mate...you may have spent time working on it but i think this way you've understood the problem, analyzed and then solved yourself. That's the way you "LEARN" something, not apply someone else solution.

However i would change the regex you use because if you change the retraction speed on simplify, you would have to change the code of your script and i think you change that settings when changing material from abs/pla to nylon or some other particular filament...
RapApp

+1
Bubolz

Blobs in S3D is a chronic and recurrent problem... this fix should have been introduced in the last update! :cry:

+1
laird

After running gcode through this script, I can load it into S3G to preview, but it doesn't appear to generate the .x3g file for it. Any suggestions?
'hannoHI

+1
JFettig

I'm surprised this thread is so old and they haven't done anything about it!

Any tips on how to run that ruby script? I've installed NP++ and Ruby, definitely not much of a programmer.
TenKOhms

JFettig wrote:I'm surprised this thread is so old and they haven't done anything about it!

Any tips on how to run that ruby script? I've installed NP++ and Ruby, definitely not much of a programmer.
instructions are in the comments at the top of the script:

Code: Select all

#filepath = "/home/user/whatever.gcode"

#chmod +x this file
# ./thisfile.rb "/file/path.here" > "/new/file.path"

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”