Rebekah_harper

Mind the gap.

Hiya all,

I've managed to get rid of the over blobbing. How ever I'm not getting gaps. Quite uniformed. I got an idea what it could be but want your opinions as to what it could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

The settings for the extruder are 0.91 and width on manual set to 39.
This isn't the firs time I've had this but with default settings.
dsegel

Re: Mind the gap.

I don;t understand what the problem is. Can you post the stl file itself so I can see what the goal is?
jimc

you have the extrusion width set at .39. what is your nozzle size?
Rebekah_harper

Hiya,

It's a 0.4 mm nozzle.

I have managed to resolve it. So many tweaks but got there. Used filament size 1.73, multiplier at 0.96 and the extrusion width at 0.39

In combination they seem to work for my printer nicely.

I couldn't say if it's all contributing to the solution but I get the results I'm looking for :-)
jimc

ok just an fyi, your nozzle wont print at .39 width. it should print at .48 or higher. you can go slightly lower but the closer you get to .4 or even under you are going to run into problems especially in areas that are not printed 100% solid. you end up with stringy prints with broken under extruded infill.
Rebekah_harper

Believe it or not it does print. I can't explain why or how. Don't forget I'm using a Wanhao 4s and if there is anything I have learnt from the Chinese products, they don't conform to convention. :-)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”