tonyno

How to Eliminate Wiggle-Fill

I have some parts with walls that are 0.047" and had thought there should be a setting combo where I could just get concentric paths forming those walls. The standard infill for that space seems like it will eventually shake the printer apart. :lol:

No luck so far tweaking what seems to apply. Any suggestions?
HaHaRich

Re: How to Eliminate Wiggle-Fill

Best guess:
Process>Advanced>Thin Wall Behavior>Only use perimeters for thin walls
tonyno

Good idea, but, no. That just makes hollow walls.
JoeJ

HaHaRich's suggestion is correct. Tell it to only user perimeters for thin walls. Then you need to make sure that your allowed perimeter overlap is large enough that it can fit the perimeters in there. I think it defaults at 10%, try increasing to 25%.

If you're still having trouble, post your factory file so that we can see your other settings and look at the model.
tonyno

Thanks. I've tried up to 50% so far.

Here's a ff.
Attachments
Box Test.factory
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
JoeJ

Hmm... the picture you posted doesn't look like it's the same model as your factory file...

The walls in the original picture appear to be about 3.7 extrusion width's wide. For the factory file you posted, the walls are about 2.8 extrusion width's wide.

For the original picture, if the walls are 3.7 width's wide, you can easily print another round of perimeters in that gap. However, for the model you posted, the walls are not thick enough to fit another perimeter. In this case, I would suggest modifying the extrusion width to help fill the gap better. Maybe increase to 0.5mm extrusion width so that there is no need for another perimeter.
tonyno

Different model, same wall thickness. Not sure why you are seeing it differently.

Does upping the extrusion width to 0.5mm actually over-extrude to achieve that?

Coming in from another angle...

I measured a print from last night and found that the model-to-print wall thickness difference was about 0.33mm, so, I've added -0.17mm horizontal size compensation and the walls ended up with no infill (good). Love that new feature.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”