pedro

First layer's velocity after raft

Hi 3d fellows!

I recently bought this amazing software for my Prusa I3 P3Steel, and I couldn't be happier.

Although, I have some questions about the software.
The first thing that I would like to discuss is about the first layer after the raft (when one uses it). So, if I define the raft, after the raft layers, I think that the really first layer of the print should also be slower than the others, correct? I'm asking this because if I set a fast print, and with a separation layer considerably large (lets say, 0,15mm for a 0,2mm layers), the first layer above the raft sometimes fails in some corners or holes, i.e., the plastic do not stick well enough to make a solid base to the rest of the printing, at the same time that the raft could be removed easily.

I know that if I reduce the separation gap, this problem can be reduced, but also the raft gets harder to remove.

Do you have some solution to this? I also tried to use multiple processes, but I didn't managed to do this.

Happy printings!
JoeJ

Re: First layer's velocity after raft

No! You don't want it to print really slowly because then it will bond too much to the raft below it. It's probably a good thing that it prints faster.

Just lower the separation distance a small amount. It will help it stick a bit more, but not too much. Or use a brim instead, as that accomplishes the same thing and works much better ;)
pedro

Re: First layer's velocity after raft

I will follow you advice JoeJ, thank you!

Apparently I was thinking in the wrong way :D

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”