Ola

Dual print - can not rotate 2 objects

Trying to print an assembly with two objects = dual printing with different materials.
Assembly is created with two parts in correct relative position.
When placing the different objects on the plate, I need to move and rotate them (around x- or y-axis) to another position but the software only allows for moving and rotating in the x-y-plane, not rotating around x- or y-axis.
I can only rotate one object at a time. This messes up things because then the relative position of the two objects are lost and they cannot be printed.
How do I rotate two objects at the same time (for example 90 degrees around x-axis) keeping their relative orientation?
Last edited by Ola on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JoeJ

Re: Dual print - can not rotate 2 objects

You might want to read this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tuto ... extruders/

To summarize, if you just hold the shift key while using the mouse/keyboard shortcuts to move or rotate the models, it will actually move/rotate ALL of the models on your bed. So it makes it easy to quickly position multiple parts that have already been correctly placed relative to one another.
Ola

Re: Dual print - can not rotate 2 objects

Sorry, I didn’t express myself clearly.
I am talking about rotating around the x- or y-axis. (I edited my previous post)
Rotating around the z-axis is easy, as you describe. But any other rotation can only be done one object at a time. This is very irritating. :(
This is very easy to do in Makerboot.
Is there any easy workaround?
Are there any mouse/keyboard shortcuts to rotate around x- or y-axis?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”