AndersE

Bug report: Gcode M666

I have built a delta, and i am using M666 to set endstops in firmware.

But S3D will not change the values. I have sent the M666 x-0.8 y-0.9 z-1.2 both manual and with macro, but when checking if changed with M503 it is still set to 0,0,0.
So i have to use Repetier-Host to do the job, there it works..

I havn't tried any other gcodes, there might be more that don't work.

Annoying...
BaudR8

Re: Bug report: Gcode M666

I know a lot of firmwares(if not all) are case sensitive, try makign sure the x y and z are X Y and Z and not lower cased.
JoeJ

I doubt S3D would be stopping you from sending a command manually. When you enter that command and hit send, do you see a line in the communication log like "SENT: M666 X-0.8 Y-0.9 Z-1.2"? If it says it sent it, then it went to the machine. At that point you need to figure out why the firmware didn't correctly carry out the command that you sent (and it sounds like the case-sensitive suggestion might be a good place to start!)
AndersE

it did show the "sent bla bla" , but it did not change. But i will try upper case instead.
Repetier does take it lowecase, and i had no idea it would matter, and why should it??
habloIngles

s3d will send communication packets as typed out, case sensitive. So if you send in a lower cased 'x', it will send a lower cased x in. It's not an s3d fault that lower case is not, it's the firmware. If you look through some of the source code for different firmwares, you'll see something like

Code: Select all

if code_seen('X')
{
do this;
}
the firmware itself does not accept lower case. If it's working with repetier right now, it probably corrects your lower case characters for you, which is nice, but may mess stuff up in the future for certain command is someting like xX, which isn't likely but it's possible

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”