3dyeti

1.04 will not hold bed temp.

I didn't have this issue with 1.03, but when trying to print, the software can not get the bed up to 100c. It just hovers up and down around 95c. I doubled checked my hardware, and used Pronterface to set it to 100c, and no problems. After getting it to 100c with Pronterface, I switched to Creator, and set bed temp to 100c. It had no problem holding it until I sent the gcode to print. It than dropped down to 95c and hovered around there. It could not get it to temp, and would not start the print. Anyone else with this issue?

I was printing from sdcard.
3dyeti

Re: 1.04 will not hold bed temp.

I just successfully printed a part using Creator, but with gcode generated from slic3r.
ketil

If you look at the gcode generated by Creator, can you find the lines with M140 or M190? Do they make sense? They should be something like:

M190 S60

to set a bed temperature of 60. Can you see any difference in Creator's and slic3r's outputs in those lines?
Simplify3D
Site Admin

3dyeti, can you post the G-Code you're having issues with? The command to set the bed temperature is very straight-forward and it sounds like this is more likely an electronics or thermistor issue.

If you use the Creator machine control panel and enter 100 degrees into the bed temperature input and then press set, it will send M140 S100. That tells the firmware to keep the bed at 100 degrees. Everything after that is handled on the firmware end.
3dyeti

I was able to print it in ABS from a gcode generated out of slicer. I have since moved over to some PLA prints. Regrettably, I've been doing so much slicing, I did not save the gcode in question. If the problem comes up again, I will upload it. Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”