M3Jim

Manually Overriding the endstop

Hi all,

It seems that the motion control cannot override the end stop. In Pronterface, it is possible to override the endstop and run the platform into the extruder (do not try this at home without adult supervision). I have been using this feature to set my initial platform height after leveling. Is there a way to do this in Creator?

Have a great day,
Jim
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Manually Overriding the endstop

I'm assuming you are referring to the minimum software endstops. You would not want to override the minimum hardware endstops since that would mean parts crashing into each other. The minimum software endstops are handled in the firmware, so if you want to disable them, you can do that in your Configuration.h file. You also have the option of tricking the firmware to think you are at a different position than you really are. So if you do a movement to Z=0 (i.e. "G1 Z0 F8000") and then you tell the firmware that position is actually Z=5 ("G92 Z5"), that will allow you to move even lower.

There's a reason the software endstops are there though! As you mentioned, you need to be extremely careful doing this as you can easily crash hardware into itself.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”