TravisB

"Undo" Function?

Hello, glad to be aboard! :D

Just installed the software, looks nice so far. It's incredibly cruel to have a downed machine right now! :cry:

Right of the bat, one thing I haven't been able to find is any sort of undo or back function..I tend to utilize this sort of thing with incredible frequency when I learn new software, hah. Is it there and I'm just not seeing it? I've looked through all the menus, tried Ctrl-Z, right clicking; didn't see anything.

Thanks!!
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: "Undo" Function?

Travis,

We were working on some undo functionality at one point, but the software does A LOT of different things. And because of that having an undo button for all of it was quite a challenge. In some cases it also meant wasting a lot of excess memory trying to maintain 2 versions of the same object. Is there something in particular you're trying to undo? We did try to include some good protection with the slicing settings (otherwise known as FFF settings) so if you make some unwanted changes, you can always press cancel and your old settings will be maintained. Or just export your profile whenever you're happy with it!
TravisB

Thanks for the quick response!

Well, it was just something that struck me as I was playing around with a few functions like scale, position, rotation, etc. and started playing around with the support structures. The support structure showed up, and I was puzzled that I could not undo the operation and as far as I could tell, would have to re-open the file and start from scratch. I'm no programmer so how hard a function like that is to implement is a mystery to me!
Blown454

There is a way to undo the manual support structures. Under the 'manual placement' in 'Support Generation' area choose 'Remove existing supports' and you can then erase the supports you manually put in. Try it as that is how I did it.
TravisB

I will give that a shot tonight, so far I've only had about 7-8 minutes to mess around with it! Looking forward to diving deeper in to this. Is there any sort of ECD for a users guide or something?
Simplify3D
Site Admin

I expect MakerGear will be updating their "Getting Started" guide to include the Creator software. We also plan to put together a complete set of video tutorials to walk you through common tasks. Our plan is to release those one at a time as we get them finished. The support page will be updated to include all of the individual videos as they're released.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”