fwiffo

Re: S3D Automatically adding starting z height

If there is a vertical lift, but suppose that the Z switch is already pressed (or lets suppose you have a probe), and there is a little tollerance in that, maybe when pressed it won't let your bed get near to the nozzle.

You could try that:

in jog mode, put the z as near as possible to the nozzle with a fast move (-1), the try to lower by +0.1, and try to raise by -0.1, Z switch/or proximity sensor should be switched off, if not you should avoid Z lift.

If you use autoleveling this is a big issue (only if there is the problem explained above), since the Z axis will lower, but won't raise (until the switch/probe is unactivated) during the print.
wirlybird

Got to ask since I don't see an answer! Have you printed this yet and what were the results?
Add pictures of the results if it fails.
dmerriman

I'm having the same issue, I even upgrade my printer to a 32bit board and still have this issue, it keeps adding 1.0mm for a first layer of 1.2mm height to the first layer, I can override it with a G1 Z0 until it switches processes then resets right back to 1.2mm and continues.

This is beyond frustrating. Guess it's time to switch to SuperSlicer.
S3D-Alex

Could you please post a Factory File so we can look into this specific issue?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”