thetrueyuiop

Camera Rises in Viewport when Moving Camera (Ver. 4.0.1)

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm

This happens both when in preview mode, as well as in the main arrangement viewport...

Notice, also, that the movement of the platform also deviates either left or right from the center-of-view.

https://youtu.be/l_GZAaYpx3k

rrdavis

Re: Camera Rises in Viewport when Moving Camera (Ver. 4.0.1)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 am

Odd, I tried to recreate this myself with 4.0.1, but it doesn't happen at all. Works fine regardless of how many times I rotate back and forth.

I wonder if the issue is possibly due to your trackpad occasionally registering a right-click. Some trackpads have options where you can right-click just by placing 2 fingers on the trackpad, which could cause these inconsistent movements.

What happens if you plug in a USB mouse and use that?

thetrueyuiop

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello! Thanks for responding!

I actually am using a USB mouse already, but I can try using a different one, I suppose. I’ll get back to you.

MJHEED

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:54 pm

THIS IS still a problem. I reported it over a year ago (with a video as well) and confirmed it with Tech support at the time, and they said it would be fixed in a future version. Here we are with 4.1.1 and STILL THIS CAMERA IS MADDENING. It is so frustrating to circle a model with your camera up close (up close is key), and the camera WILL NOT STAY ON THE CENTER YOU PLACED IT ON! It drifts all over the place usually back to some imaginary center of the build space. Sorry... it's just frustrating. I love S3D and think it might be the best slicer on the market. I'm completely puzzled that you would carry such a glaring fault for so long, esp when it's been reported and confirmed.
Not using anything special here... standard PC WIN7-64, normal 101 keyboard and USB mouse.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”