User avatar
jimc
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 pm
Location: mullica, nj
Contact: Website

min infill length doesnt work

i have been on the mac version since 1.1.5 and this function has never worked. no matter what length i set that to it will still print microscopic sized infill bouncing the extruder all over making little dots of infill. this isnt a huge issue for me obviously since i havent ever reported it in the 10 mos or so i have been using s3d but it really should be fixed at some point. either that or i'm completely not understanding the function of this setting.
AndersE
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: min infill length doesnt work

Hehe, you do also have the problem ;)
apballard
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:56 am

Re: min infill length doesnt work

+1 Confirmed, still an issue.

I set the value for this field and then exported the fff file. The field value in the fff file is always 1. I've tried 5, 10, 100, all the same.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: min infill length doesnt work

Are you sure you're using the latest software? I just tried a whole bunch of different thing with 3.1.0 and the min infill length setting is working perfectly fine for everything I tried.

- I tried adjusting the setting to make sure it actually stopped small infill regions from being printed in some of my models - that worked correctly
- I tried creating a profile with a special min infill length setting and going to File > Export FFF Profile - that worked correctly and it had the right value in the file
- I tried saving and switching between different processes that add had different min infill length settings - those all worked correctly as well

So if you want help, perhaps you need to attach some sample files and explain the exact steps you are taking.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”