montressor

Re: Support Structures Similar To Meshmixer

I wholeheartedly endorse adding support options to S3D. Supports are an incredibly important part of 3d printing, and unlike a previous poster, I don't believe copying a good idea is bad.
Iron Val

Please add Tree Supports option

I have heard nothing but good things from Cura users about Tree Supports as an experimental Support option to select.

Please add this. I really don't want to have to use Cura for it. I'm an S3D maker

Thanks
Iron Val
swartz3d

I would also like to vote in favor of tree support request!

Please add tree supports soon! Thanks! :)

-Michael
dtyree77

This is a bump to get this visible for V5 - I'd like tree supports in V5. I know this is hard with it's new support stuff, but it could just generate the tree support and treat it as if it was an imported 3d mesh.
SHoutzager

Tree supports for V5 please, verrrry useful.
gabeknuth

+1 for this!

Importing STLs as custom support is useful, for sure, but auto-generated tree supports would be a game changer.
Niftee

Although S3D is a great program, the suppprt structures are second rate, I would have expected to see some type of tree supports in V5 after 3 years waiting, not one that you need to draw up in a seperate cad program. Please pick up you act as we pay for a great program that is still better than other slicers.

Return to “Feature Requests”