npowell93
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Monoprice maker select Plus...bed axis is "jittery"?

Hi!
I know this is the slicer software community but I figured I'd ask.
I have 3 printers (2x Qidi X-pro, and 1x Monoprice Maker Select Plus). The monoprice seems to be jittery on the bed axis movement. So when comparing prints between machines...the Qidis have really crisp perfectly straight lines and the Monoprice ends up have almost a texture to it cause by the bed axis being jittery in its movement. It's constant, not just on acceleration but maybe a slight bit worse on acceleration. I don't know if I would've ever noticed it until I got the other two printers. With that being said, the monoprice has logged 100's of hours so I'm sure there is some sort of maintenance besides the obvious that might help. I oil all rails periodically and perform extruder maintenance. Do you think the stepper motor is bed? Does the belt need tightening? Any suggestions?
Thanks, Nick
bigemike
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Monoprice maker select Plus...bed axis is "jittery"?

I would say its the bearings the bed rides on

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”