akegata@gmail.com

[FIXED] Interface doesn't scale properly in Windows 10.

I have a 4K display that I'm scaling everything to 125% on. This works perfectly in every program I run except for Simplify3D where it seems like text gets scaled but nothing else, which makes text illegible sometimes.
It would be really nice if this was looked into. :)

Scottty

Re: Interface doesn't scale properly in Windows 10.

I also have a 4k display and the scaling is set to 150%, Resolution 4096x2160.
The font in S3D is scaled OK, everything readable.

You can try to play with settings in (I have german language settings, so the expressions may differ):
1) Settings/display/extended scaling ..
in my case : windows can try to correct.. is off
user defined scaling: nothing set (just in gray "100 - 500" for showing the number area)

2) and to try the properties of the simplify3D.exe, compatibility / High DPI settings.
In my case all is unchecked / grayed out

hope this helps.
leDamien

Similar problem, very small font on Windows 10. Been using the Prusa SLicer recently, and needed to get back to simplify.
Some of the fonts are so small I can hardly read, and therefore hardly go through configuration... and I'm very disappointed.
This is no simplification, but more complify 3D for me now...
philone

I know I'm replying to a thread from a few years ago but it's the number one result on Google and I found a solution. I'm on a Surface Laptop Studio with Windows 11 and having scaling issues as well.

To fix:

- Right click on Simply3D in the start menu and select "Open File Location"
- Right click on "Simplify3D Software" and select "Properties"
- Click the "Compatibility" tab
- I clicked "Run compatibility troubleshooter" and went through the steps. It determined that it should set it to Windows 8 compatibility

Once that was set everything scales perfectly
3DPaulie

philone wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:38 pm Once that was set everything scales perfectly
Yes it scales but not perfectly. When set to compatibility, it simply stretches everything so everything becomes blurry.
The whole point of a 4k monitor is for sharper images, not blurry.

The proper solution is for the software to support 4k monitors and be DPI aware so fonts and images are crisp and crystal clear.

This issue was posted 4 years ago so finally after a new software release, there is no reason for this...
s3dstart.jpg
S3D-Jason

We just released several major improvements in our V5.0.1 update for scaling the software on high DPI displays. We have been testing on 2K and 4K displays and the new 5.0.1 release should look much better now.

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”