Webfeger

How can i import rendered files?

Hello,

i try to print a model from an obj file but Simplify showing only polygons. When i open the same file in cura it would be displayed more smootly - with pose or textutes.

Wich settings for AutoCad or 3DSMAX do i need to display printing model with textures in Simplify3D ?

Here are an example: Left: Cura, Right: Simplify 3D
max-compare.png
Best regards,
Webfeger
S3D-Jake

Re: How can i import rendered files?

You should be able to import STL, OBJ, or 3MF files into Simplify3D. From your image it appears that the model is being exported with less detail than desired. To fix this you'd alter your export settings to allow for more triangles to be generated along the curved surfaces of your model.

AutoCAD: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad- ... -p/6591803
3DS Max: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6KgJ2-sts
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Webfeger

Thanks for help!

I try to figure it out.

Best regards,
Webfeger
wayne

I think it's the import, not the export, that is the issue.

If Cura can render (and slice/print?) the Obj with less faceting than S3D then I would argue its the S3D Obj importer that is segmenting the curves too coarsely.

I'm trying to find Obj import settings in S3D 4.1.2

Anyone got any idea? Anyone still here?
S3D-Alex

wayne wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:11 am I think it's the import, not the export, that is the issue.

If Cura can render (and slice/print?) the Obj with less faceting than S3D then I would argue its the S3D Obj importer that is segmenting the curves too coarsely.

I'm trying to find Obj import settings in S3D 4.1.2

Anyone got any idea? Anyone still here?
This looks like a fairly old thread so I can't really speak to the exact outcome for this user but I can say I have not personally seen anyone else have this issue. OBJ files are imported 1:1 into Simpify3D.

Return to “Feature Requests”