gearsawe

Do you need beta testers for version 5?

Do you need beta tester for version 5?
I would be willing to give is shot when the time comes.
blackbird2016

Re: Do you need beta testers for version 5?

Doubtless, you will be one!
rcoolen

I could test the blobs/zits issue introduced in version 4 printing over USB if you want...
RealityTake2

gearsawe wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 am Do you need beta tester for version 5?
I would be willing to give is shot when the time comes.
I can't imagine they could possibly be looking for beta testers when they can't yet-- even at this late date-- release a new feature list.

This software was initially supposed to be released in 2019. Considering there have been absolutely zero development updates I wouldn't expect it any sooner than mid 2021, if ever.

ETA: And what happened to the supposed "multiple 4.1.x updates" that were supposed to happen?
gwhite

I looked for it a while back and couldn't find the post, but I think this came up a while ago. They said they didn't need any (more?) beta testers.
XoTT@6bI4

Developers need to implement more than 70 new features to be a tester. Anyone can take part in the beta testing. participation in testing is paid (100% of the price of a new product). How much it costs and when you can participate, the developers will tell everyone soon (so they say the last 2 years). :D
myprinter

Long time ago (for the new v5.x.x ) S3D was asking in the forum, for person there want to help testing the beta version.
I mailed support but was rejected because they have to many there want to help they say.
I think it was not the reason because i mailed same day. The real reason i think is, there is nothing to test.
jenkins007

My last job was Test Lead for Clear Channel Communications. I wrote and performed test case scenarios, regression testing, new function testing, Interface testing, UI testing.

My favorite is UI testing – I really do not like having to hit buttons or click multiple times for the requirements to be met. I also helped the BA and programmers to simplify end usage experience as that is one of the more important and most valued end result for products suited to end users.

I was also a BA for Tesoro and Frost Bank and worked in the ATG unit for USAA and World Saving (bought by Wachovia, then Wells Fargo). I love breaking things and identifying specifics to assist the BA and programmer.

I will be happy to assist in future beta testing if need be. Requirements are a must for testing to be effective. I have a Snapmaker 2.0 T350 printer, laser, CNC.

Thanks,
Matthew Jenkins

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”