bravogolf

Simplify3D will not start

So starting today I noticed that simplify3D would not start. When selecting a file through Fusion 360 to print nothing happens. Trying to launc S3D throug desktop icon does not work either. Opening a S3d file does not work either.

I ununistalled both my original version of S3d as well as the lattest updated version. Restarted windows 10 and did a fresh install of the latest download. No dice.

Restarted desktop, no dice!

Restored desktop to earlier date, restarted computer no dice!

Simplify3D will not luanch.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,

~BG~
S3D-Alex

Re: Simplify3D will not start

Can you try the following:

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory:

C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Simplify3D/S3D-Software

You may need to enable hidden folders to access this directory. Once there, please try deleting the file called "savedState.factory". Then, open Simplify3D again.
Psionic001

This worked for me.

SavedState was a directory not a file.
And I also deleted every other file in the S3D-software directory.
dionsamsoe

Hi Barvogolf,

I'm experiencing the same issue and also made a post about it.
I usually fix the application startup issue deleting this exact key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\MainWindow" which looks to contain some file hostory information of some sort.
This way your profiles wil be untouched and you dont have to waste time to reconfigure the entire program, which i did like a couple of times...

Hope this helps for u and the devs will fix this issue soon.
mikemunson

Has anyone found a real fix for this - Just started happening on my windows 10 system as well
arhi

there is a bug in windows 10 open gl on multiscreen setups ... I'm not able to figure out where / how it is happening but s3d is not only app affected (same issue with slic3r, prusa slicer, netfabb..) and solution for s3d is to delete all the registry keys under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\" that are named "geometry". This resets the location where s3d tries to open window at and everything works until you move any of the s3d window to your "non primary screen" and close it, next time you try to open that it will not work.

no clue how to solve this on system level, so far everyone I know having this problem is windows10 and nvidia.
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
TomOH

Same issue here... And the guys here give a shit and don't even provide a workaround??? Clearly shows which direction this software is heading.
gazaah

Same problem here. Simplify 3D simply stopped working while using the same build of windows without a restart. I installed the latest Simplify 3D version, deleted the savestate.factory file, deleted the savestate directory, but no joy.

If I delete the savestate directory Simplify3D will open but crashes as soon as it tries to parse an STL.
Kalvadra

Howdy y'all,

Had this issue and the fix for me was pretty weird. I tried deleting the suggested files, restarting, re-installing, etc...

But the issue was my external solid-state drive... that had nothing installed on it... huh!?

I couldn't access it when trying to move some unrelated files to it, so I removed it from my pc and S3D started working again.

If anyone is running into this and the suggested fixes aren't working, try accessing all your drives and seeing if any are unresponsive - might be the same weird issue I had.
triphi

I followed the instructions and deleted everything and reinstalled twice. Also did the registry deletion and it still will not start.

I do get anSimplify3D.exe Application Error pop up stating instruction at 0x00.... referenced memory at 0x0000. The memory could not be written . a picture of the pop up is included.

For a few days prior to this whenever i downloaded a stl file on firefox, simplfy3D would start up and show the file. Today it just stopped or after two reloads show the pop up.

Any ideas?
Attachments
SimplyErrorxcf.png
SimplyErrorxcf.png (10.11 KiB) Viewed 6480 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”