AllenHuffman

Monoprice Mini Delta - bed not heating, skirt not sticking, etc.

After initially having zero success figuring out how to use this Monoprice printer, I spent the money on Simplify3D and it's been a simple turnkey operation ever since. The only modification I have made to the default configuration is some X/Y/Z calibration to get my print size accurate:

Pre:
M92 X57.14 Y57.14 Z57.14 ; correct Z accuracy -- different if not 14T pulley
M665 L123.00 R63.50 ; correct X,Y accuracy and Z flatness

I've printed many dozen things successfully last year and everything worked fine when I used it last October. Now I fire it back up, and odd things are happening. I'm trying to find out if any are related to upgrading Simplify3D.

1) I am noticing when I upload (through printer's WiFi web interface) a converted .gcode file to print, it often does NOT enable the bed heater. This causes issues with the "skirt" not sticking and messing up the print. I've never had this happen before.

2) I'm noticing that the old default values for skirt printing no longer produce anything, and filament doesn't really start flowing until the actual print (messing up the bottom, usually). I've doubled the Additions -> Skirt Outlines to compensate. It's almost like it's sending commands initially (before bed leveling) that retract more filament than it used to.

Other issues I am having just seem to be problems with the Monoprice unit itself and it's firmware.

I did not save any of my old .gcode files, so I can't go back and print something from a few months ago to compare.

Anyone using this printer and having similar issues?
AllenHuffman

Re: Monoprice Mini Delta - bed not heating, skirt not sticking, etc.

In case anyone else finds this… something was happening with the bed temperature, and by lowering it in S3D, it started to work. It seems if it sends a value too high, it is ignored rather than clipping to the highest temperature. At least, that was the suggestion I found elsewhere and it worked for me.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”