PhillipM

Single Extrusion voids/bug

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Been trying to work out why my machine was having some issues with extruding single lines - I thought it was the extruder so stripped the machined and cleaned everything, etc, still had the issue with single extrusions being underextruded and not meeting the perimeters - couldn't work it out out, but I just loaded a new model and when previewing, I can see clearly on this one the problem, the extrusions are doing some weird stuff, any idea what's causing this?
S3DBug.jpg

dkightley

Re: Single Extrusion voids/bug

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm

There's nothing "Causing" what you are describing......because there's absolutely NOTHING wrong! A 0.4mm wide extrusion will not mysteriously expand to fill a gap that is 0.6mm wide! There will be a gap.

Reduce your number of perimeters down to 2 and increase the (Infill) Outline Overlap to say 80%.....and the slicer will have a chance of filling the non-multiple of extrusion width gap!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

PhillipM

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Eh? It's a single extrusion that's causing the gap, you can see it's the correct width in half the points and not in others.

Works fine on other layers:
S3dBug.jpg
I'm not sure if it's just a rendering bug but it does seem to coincide with the models that have some issues with single extrusion fills.

S3D-Alex

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:00 am

Could you please post a Factory File where you see the gaps as represented in the first image?

PhillipM

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:20 pm

I can send one in, but I can't post it here publically as the model is commerical.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”