nxumdon

Starting GCode For an anchor?

Hi
First time poster, month long reader....trying to finish my migration from Cura to S3D and one thing I'm not seeing is how Cura makes the little anchor at the start of the print, seems S3D doesn't do this...looking at g-code for doing this seems like a lot of different ways...what is some good starting g-code? I see all sorts of things from setting absolute position or relative position, people manually drawing things, etc...is there an exact Cura to S3D starting gcode?

Thanks
kevin

Re: Starting GCode For an anchor?

HI,
I second that cura anchor point is a good. Just bought S3D and use it on the same printer. Bed sticking and first layer failure rate is very high. Would be good to add a first layer flowrate multiplier.
Please anyone can advice on this issue.
KC_703

I'd ilke to see an anchor point also... but need it to be distinguished to the project because I often use a brim. I guess the heavy extrusion on the brim could work also.

kevin wrote:HI,
I second that cura anchor point is a good. Just bought S3D and use it on the same printer. Bed sticking and first layer failure rate is very high. Would be good to add a first layer flowrate multiplier.

Regarding this issue, you could print with multiple process. First few layers could be one process with a higher flow multipier, and the rest of the print could be your normal flow for the filament.
korpx

Anchor point sounds good. First layer adhesion is vital.
adamcooks

kevin wrote:HI,
I found there is a layer height for first layer, you could bump that up a touch. essentially your extrusion multiplier. there is both first layer height and speed

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”