logic
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:31 pm

Printer not printing

Hi,

I'm having issues with my Makergear M2. After doing a bed level adjustment, it seems that the extruder is no longer able to extrude filament when printing on the glass. However, it can extrude in the air. I've watched the print and it seems that the nozzle isn't too close to the bed as I have adjusted the bed level to the thickness of a sheet of paper. If you look at the top left corner of my print, it prints fine but the rest I am getting these blobs. I can physically see during the print that nothing is coming out of the nozzle.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is the nozzle or extruder jammed? Thanks.

Image
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Printer not printing

It may be that your nozzle is too high for all bar the top LH corner of the bed. The morse code effect where plastic is extruded and balls on the nozzle until the bottom of the ball hits the bed....Blobb!...and then starts again building a blob, etc

Levelling the bed does not automatically assume the nozzle height is set perfect. You do need to adjust the nozzle height as part two of the bed levelling process!

As a footnote......your bed may need the levelling tweaking still. The top LH corner is probably a tad high!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”