ScottTorres
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Wierd problem!

Hello! Anyone have an idea of what is going on?

If I print one of this cases, everything goes fine. But if I print two or more, the wall with one case face the other will be ruined. Some line appears loose from the wall in one case, and a "negative" image will appear on the wall of the other case. I´m using the normal profile for ABS of the Original Prusa Mk2 and Simplify 4.1.2.
S3D-Alex
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Wierd problem!

So this sounds like you might be having some retraction based print defects. When the nozzle moves from one part to the other it retracts, travels and then primes again to being printing. This can cause blobs or 'zits' on the outside of your prints and/or possibly strings of filament between them.

There are a couple options in Simplify3D to solve this. The first, and best way, would be to tune your retraction settings for the material you are currently using. ABS can be pretty stringy and might require some more aggressive retraction settings. We have an entry in our Print Quality Guide that does a great job of covering this. I included the link below.

Alternatively, you could use sequential printing to print one model in its entirety before moving and printing the next. This would eliminate the travels between the parts that are causing the defects. We have a section of our Multi-Part Printing Article that goes into detail about this tool so I have also included a link to that below but please let me know if you have any questions!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”