Rocko88

Suggestion on settings by comparing 2 prints from different slicers

So i have a couple makerbots and they do well. I did notice a difference in print quality from the makerbot software vs simplify3d. Suggestion on changes to make on my SImplify3d settings.
The makerbot print looks smoother:
makerbotprint.jpg
The simplify3d looks less smooth. Could this be vibrations due to printing too fast?
Simplify.jpg
airscapes

Re: Suggestion on settings by comparing 2 prints from different slicers

I would guess that it is not a slicer issue but a hardware issue... but thats just a guess as I can't think of any setting that would do that, looks more mechanical that slicer error.. If you are not printing them at the same speed then it isn't really much of a comparison.
Rocko88

The speed is within 10% of the makerbot setting. I sent simplify3d a email but have not hear anything for a couple of days.
Rocko88

Ok so i and Simplify Support have worked out a couple setting changes that cleared this up. We reduced the Extrusion Multiplier to 0.90. We set the internal Fill Pattern to Rectilinear and the Outline Overlap to 20%. We also enabled Avoid Crossing Outline for Travel Movements. Then We disabled Coast at End and reduced the Wipe Distance by 2mm to 3.5mm now. I hope this helps someone else. Thanks to Simplify Support. :)

We went from this :
Simplify Marks.jpeg

To this:
Attachments
image0.jpeg
Jarhead

Is it just me or does it still look terrible?
I wouldn't be happy with a print like that.
Rocko88

I think it looks way better than it did. I am still tweaking the settings. Hey if you have some suggestions i am open to those.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”