Page 1 of 1

Print is lifting

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:34 am
by travisb6989
Hello all,

I am a new 3D printer user and having some difficulty with my prints lifting off the bed. I have a Ender 5 running th3D firmware with a auto leveling kit. The problem I am having is after the first few layers the print lifts on the corners.

I am printing using PETG and have tried nozzle temps ranging from 235 to 250 (suggested mfg temp). The bed is off and I am printing on blue painters tape with some glue stick as I have read that can be helpful with PETG. The problem is don't know what aspects causes the lifting so I am not sure what to adjust.

Anyone have some advice?

Re: Print is lifting

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 am
by dkightley
To improve the first layer adhesion, there are a few things to try......and as you've given no idea what your current settings are, I'll just give general advice...

1 - thicken up and slow down your first layer
2 - Adjust the Global-Z field value in a negative direction by 0.1mm at at time to force the first layer into the bed better
3 - Consider using "mouse ears" on persistently lifting corners, etc
4 - Not 100% sure about PETG, but I think it needs bed heating....75 degrees aparently

Re: Print is lifting

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:02 am
by TheBum
I print PETG with a bed temperature of 85. I also put down a layer of Elmer's glue stick (the purple stuff that turns clear when it dries), which not only helps prevent lifting but also acts as a release agent when the print is done. When I was printing on a bed sheet, I used glue there also to help with adhesion.