Page 1 of 1
Program Splitting Large Model
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:47 am
by FairfieldFoundation
We are trying to print a 6x6" garden urn but the program keeps segmenting it in a strange way. I've attached two photos, the first is what the STL looks like and what I would like it to look like when it prints. The second is what the print preview looks like. As you can see, the program wants to split it up into sections. How can I solve this so it prints as a single model?
Thank you!
Re: Program Splitting Large Model
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:07 am
by horst.w
For me it seems your model is split in two mirrored halves, so they are two separated solids. And these solids are bound into only one STL.
Select your model and click to menu MESH > Separate Connected Surfaces. If it appears in the Models frame now a 2nd STL , I'm right.
You can solve it by checking ON Merge all Outlines ... in menu Advanced,
also you can fuse the two bodies to one solid in your drawing program or with Widows 10 - 3D.
horst.w
GER
PS For better help it needs the factory-file. Menu File > Save as ...
Re: Program Splitting Large Model
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am
by dkightley
Select your model and click to menu MESH > Separate Connected Surfaces. If it appears in the Models frame now a 2nd STL , I'm right.
And that IS the solution. Simply separating into discrete meshes is all that's needed.
S3D doesn't like multiple meshes in one shape file. Split them out....and it copes with the separate files.
Re: Program Splitting Large Model
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:14 pm
by FairfieldFoundation
That worked, thank you!!!
