Re: Version 5 Announcement

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:33 am

StealthPrint wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:53 pm
S3D-Chris wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 pm
criton01 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:22 pm
I've routinely requested an update on upgrade pricing. They will not release that detail for some reason. The people who are on 4.1.2 should worry... if you can't tell people who already bought in, how much it will be to continue, then whats the point of keeping the product. I spent the money on the slicer. it really shouldn't be a mystery as to how much it will be.... Really S3D?
We don’t have exact pricing details yet, but we plan to announce that closer to release. If you previously purchased Simplify3D 4.1.2 license in the past, you will not need to buy a full license again, there will only be a small upgrade fee required.
I don't expect a direct answer (sadly), but are you going to honor the FREE UPGRADE for people who purchased around the time of the V5 announcement, now that almost an entire year (conveniently) has been burned? Your statement seems to say "no". Which means you HAVE hung customers out to dry. Would be nice to have a direct answer.
I have been trying to get an answer to that question since I realized that the release was not going to happen in 2019. I have emailed on numerous occasions, and asked the same question on here many times The ONLY answer I keep getting is that my license purchase comes with 12 months of free upgrades. Which also leads me to believe that your assessment is correct. Honestly this is a very fair question that deserves a direct answer, it can even be answered without having "exact pricing details" as there is no pricing involved with this question.

onyxius

Sat May 02, 2020 11:24 pm

Hello,
Whats the update on version 5? I never received any email outside of what was posted in this thread early on "Preparing for Our Biggest Release Yet". I thought there was supposed to be a development release or something to that affect. Has no price been listed either about the upgrade to version 5 either? I feel like there is a lot of lack of info on this new and improved version.

Thanks
Dave

printhatter

Thu May 21, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi, looking forward to any any news about v5 too. Have used Simplity3D since v3 and it has saved me a lot of time and avoided wasting a lot of filament like was happening with other slicers. Am ready to buy the upgrade

themrcaveman

Tue May 26, 2020 4:27 pm

It's now half way 2020 and still not a single word about v5 release.

This is becoming hilarious.. Me is hapilly using prusaslicer... Even my non prusa printers are running via this

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”