crmz

Re: Paid upgrade For 2020 upcoming Version 5.0

Got this email from support a few days ago, after i had asked about what happens with one year free update..

"Thanks for your email. As was already stated back at the start of the year, we're currently working hard to finish up the last remaining items for the version 5 update. We haven't announced any changes to the 1 year of included updates at this time.

I'll be passing your feedback along to our management team.

Regards,

~Simplify3D Support"
kman3D

Upgraded my Prusa to an i3 MK3S and started using PrusaSlicer-2.2.0. Yes, it nice having their separate filament settings, ability to show remaining time, and some other features/improvements, etc. But, even with bunch of tweaks, their supports just don't match S3D. Guess what I am saying is v5 is likely worth waiting for, IMO...
kemp-d-p

So I assume that S3D V5 will be out in 2021 because of everything on top of the longest software update tease I've ever been a part of....

But seriously, is there any projections? Before Summer, during, after? I live within a 20min drive from S3D HQ here in Cincinnati, and most businesses like S3D are open. Would just like to get an update from the team.
3DWP

kemp-d-p wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:27 pm So I assume that S3D V5 will be out in 2021 because of everything on top of the longest software update tease I've ever been a part of....

But seriously, is there any projections? Before Summer, during, after? I live within a 20min drive from S3D HQ here in Cincinnati, and most businesses like S3D are open. Would just like to get an update from the team.
Well would you please drive up there then and ring a bell or something :lol:

What is very frustrating is that somebody regularly removes posts here but doesn't take the time to give the slightest bit of info. Not even another ''we're working on it, so sorry for the delay''
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
PatDebos

In my opinion, the next version 5 will never show up. There are too many free and excellent slicers out there.

I've tried ideaMaker and it's really good, supports like Simplify3D and much more powerful features. I don't expect anyone to pay these days for a slicer.

I've been using it for years and so it was worth the money but now it's too late. Moreover, you won't see in this forum anymore new messages from Simplify3D for months which is also a sign.

I guess it's a small company and it was too much work for one or two.

If you still want to believe, light a candle ;o))
jaro99

Let's hope the company didn't go bankrupt.

And they censor posts. I wrote that I had not yet encountered such arrogance from the company and the administrator did not approve my contribution and did not publish the contribution.
cybrsage

kman3D wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:45 am Upgraded my Prusa to an i3 MK3S and started using PrusaSlicer-2.2.0. Yes, it nice having their separate filament settings, ability to show remaining time, and some other features/improvements, etc. But, even with bunch of tweaks, their supports just don't match S3D. Guess what I am saying is v5 is likely worth waiting for, IMO...
Supports is really where S3D shines. If Prusa can match S3D's supports, it will dominate.
dogancan

When we will see version 5.0

We all are still waiting for S3D v5.0. It took a really long time but I believe It will worth to wait. Please S3D team give us a time and set our expectations to a date.
Bmanderson82

still no v5? no further info.. nothing? last email we got was "early 2020".... well.. IT'S ALMOST JULY!!! what gives? and don't even think of blaming covid19... covid19 means nothing to programmers who spend their professional life either in a cube or at home ANYWAY. ..so.. what gives already??
Sa1Wales

My year ended this June, So much for the price including a year of free updates, I haven't seen an update since paying for this.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”