Page 1 of 1

supports not raised after adding a raft? Bug?

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:59 pm
by ImShogun
Hi,

So, I first tried to print the part without a raft, then the very High resolution I was using made it alsmost impossible to get a consistent first layer, so I added a raft. But then, it seems very clear on the attached image that S3D forgot to raise the supports accordingly...

Image

So far, it could just be a small bug.

But now, when I get back to preparing screen, and re-generate the supports, it does not fix itself.

The only solution I could thing of was to add a negative value to "Upper Vertical Separation Layers" but that would not be accepted.

EDIT: Hey, wait a sec. There is no problem under the elbow, only under plums. So is it some sort of an "angle related" bug?

HINT: 1mm resolution supports does trigger that bug. But when back to 4mm, it is "oversupported" but fine!

Other remarks:

- The higher the pillar resolution, the less supports I get (fewer, but bigger, leaving crucial zones totally unsupported.
- If I increase the accepted angle to 70°, I should still get supports under the plumns, right? and the elbow. No matter at which resolution I work, from 1mm to 8mm, nothing is generated at all.
- To make it work, I switched to manual, placed my pillars, but faced another issue with higher density supports not being... supported, which was fixed by modifying the supportsto alternate 45°/-45°.
- Last: it would be great to have some "default values" that can be called back for ABS/PLA supports. Some sort of reference. I know there is a default PLA and ABS profile, but there is no "back to default" for these.

Kind regards!

Re: supports not raised after adding a raft? Bug?

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:52 am
by S3D-Alex
Could you please post a Factory File so that we can look into this further?