Syncd

Re: Makerbot Method X Support?

@S3D-Jake

Any word on this? Are you guys working on support for this printer? We have much cheaper printers drastically outperforming this printer due to terrible control of the slicer. We love Simplify3D and would love to be able to use it with our Method X
DAL

Please add support for Makerbot Method. The slicer they force us to use is very clumsy, inefficient, and subpar.
Thank you
cooljar577

I would also really appreciate a Makerbot Method X printer profile
DanAbbott

I too would like to use Simplify 3D with the MethodX. After they replaced my printer twice, I am still getting poor results when printing with support material. I sent them two files with which I've had problems, and they couldn't print them either. Their toolpath team is working on the problem. I don't consider what I am printing to be particularly demanding since I can print them on a FlashForge Creator Pro, an Ender Pro, and either my Form2 or Form3 Formlabs printer.

The printer itself is capable of doing excellent printing, but I have to mess with orientation, and even modifications to the models to get even satisfactory results. I replaced a five year old StrataSys uPrint that required extensive repairs with the MethodX expecting to get the same flawless ability to print with the SR30 support material, so I am hoping their team can get the software straightened out. If you folks were to make it possible to use Simplify3D, I'd be very interested in trying it out.

Return to “Feature Requests”