Page 1 of 1

Support removal

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:36 pm
by gevoaelian
Hello group! I am 3d printing a part that has a fairly complicated internal cavity and I am having trouble removing supports from the internal cavities. When I try to remove it the print is stuck on the good portion of the print and when I try to remove the support it breaks the actual print. I am doing printing both the supports and the print in PVA. Are there any tips and tricks anyone can share on the settings they use to remove supports easily from a cavity. Thank a million and I am looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

Re: Support removal

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:47 pm
by S3D-Jake
This video from Maker's Muse has some great tips for optimizing support usage!

Whole video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwKAOOaPKc

This section talks a bit about supporting internal cavities and has a tip about including some holes so you can fit pliers between the supports: https://youtu.be/piwKAOOaPKc?t=294